Article provided by: RV Parts Center
Owning an RV is the first step to enjoying the great outdoors. However, if you want to make your camping adventures and road trips fun as well as worry-free, then you need to outfit your RV with premium quality parts. At RV Parts Center, we supply quality camper parts and accessories such as ladders, awnings, air conditioners, doors, trailer hitches, and more.
What are the Must-Have RV Accessories?
Whether you use your RV for the weekends or you’re a full-time RVer, here’s a list of must-have accessories for your camper.
- Emergency Kit – An RV emergency kit contains essentials such as jumper cables, window breakers, latex gloves, and a tow rope. It’s advisable to always have an emergency kit in your RV as a precaution against misadventures on the road such as a puncture or break down.
- Leveling Blocks – Leveling blocks are used to keep the RV even when parked. This prevents instances whereby one side of the vehicle is more elevated than the other, causing things inside the camper to fall. Leveling blocks are necessary if your camper doesn’t come with an automatic leveling system.
- Ladder – A collapsible ladder is useful for checking and cleaning the roof of the trailer. Moreover, it takes up little space in storage.
- RV Water Filter –You may not always carry enough water for your road trips. As you travel around, you’ll be using water from different sources. While some water will be fine, some you wouldn’t dare sip. An RV water filter keeps sediment and particles out of your camper water pump and also your body.
- Sewer Hose – Although it’s the least favorite part of RVing, it’s a necessary evil. You’ll need a sewer hose to ensure all that stuff goes down the toilet and into the sewer.
At RV Parts Center, you can get these accessories and many more must-have parts such as windows, hatches, and plumbing supplies.
What Complementary Items Should You Bring Along in Your Camper?
The following items are not essentially mandatory to have in your RV, but they can greatly improve your camping experience:
- Folding Grill Table – This is ideal for outdoor cooking as it provides extendable space needed for grilling and making dishes.
- Portable Lights – Flashlights and lanterns will come in handy when you’re out camping at night in a place without outdoor lighting. They’ll provide you with light when you need to move away from the RV. Most importantly, portable lights act as a backup in case your power supply fails. You can choose between battery or solar-charged lights for sustainable energy.
Over-Packing During Camping
While some parts and accessories are necessary for camping, many campers make the mistake of having things they might never use on their trips. Packing too much is one of the mistakes commonly made by many RV owners. This includes bringing too many clothes, kitchen utensils, and personal effects.
Overpacking makes your camper feel too crowded and cramped. It can even make the travel trailer overweight, which can speed up the wear and tear on the tires, or even compromise your insurance cover. On the other hand, packing light can make your journey exciting and footloose while reducing road-weariness.
Find What You Need
RV Parts Center is the ideal place to shop for all your camper parts and accessories. We have what you need to keep your RV on the road and in tip-top condition. Call us today on 714-703-8200 for any queries.